2.09.2014

I'm not entirely sure why this employed my time.

I've watched this before, and I know it's a great mind-mess, but I stumbled on it today and I really tripped on his first sentence; so I did a quick search for a transcript for this video and found nothing. So I made one. I started it before I realised the video was 30 minutes, but I persevered and had fun. I should add that I didn't touch the lyrical parts.
Reggie Watts - A send-off in style
Transcription-
00:48
So, for years, we've been thinking about consciousness in the way that we have.
And it's to my total pleasure that these things have worked out.
As mentioned earlier, we've been going through a few different dynamic changes within the organisation itself. As a director and senior fellow at the Brooklyn's Institute I can assure you, my compatriots here, that everything that you've seen here so far is just the beginning.
...So I'd like-
01:25
We talk about design often. At some point during any human's lifetime, they will use the word "design," and that's a big deal. Aside from "the," and the "a," and the "an," in various languages, design is the fourth most popular word used. Before design was constructed, we had the Mesopotamian Era.
And we all know how that was. [laughter]
02:15
So, this is-
As an ethno-musicologist, I've seen it all, you know, as they say. I've seen as much as I've seen.
And so, I've been collecting various tunes, if you will, throughout the epochs and eras. And the thing that I've landed upon, this evening, I want to share for you. This is a Lemurian song. This is a civilisation before the Mesopotamians, as many of you know. And they contained advanced technologies, we've been discussing earlier.
They had the ability to levitate and decrease the volume and mass of objects at will, utilising sequenced thought processes which entail very detailed memorisation, visualisations, et cetera.
Okay, so here's that song.
03:14 - 06:25
Thank you. I thank you all for coming here.
Poptech is without a doubt.
And it has been that way... for long enough, to be here.
And what I've learned through poptech is innumerable, immeasurable, inconsistent, constant, evading, ineffable, incongruous, malfeasant, [...], and fun.
Ok, let's do this.
07:45 - 11:16
Ok, we heard enough of that in the 90's.
Ok, listen. I  want to talk to you about a couple relatively real issues.
A lot of people wrote in on email, and a couple other forms of communication that essentially are all the same thing, but just branded different names...
That innovation is an innovation unto itself. At one point, innovation didn't exist. Someone had to create some kind of a word that created a feeling that it feels like to hear the word that we hear when we hear "innovation."
Innovation is a word that's only been around in the English vocabulary for 63 years. A lot of people don't know that, and if you did know that, that's great.

Now we all know that poverty is super easy to fix.
And using modular dynamicism, we could recreate, unfold, re-sequence, understand, and reshape the way we think of thought itself. By constantly monitoring thought itself, it will not only lead you nowhere, it will give you a headache. So try not to do that; instead, try to do something that's way outside of the box.
Like someplace that if you were to see how far away from the box you were, you wouldn't even be able to tell what that box was anymore, compared to the landscape that you're comparing it against.
Getting outside of the box is more than just getting out of a box, and walking away.
As children know, sometimes boxes are very difficult to get out of. Why is it any different for us?
Between glass ceilings, dirt floors, and boxes, we need to know that a bottom-up approach is not only an approach that starts from somewhere that we believe to be the bottom, but an approach that was painted by several painters, throughout the eages and the echopsh, that led us to understand- where can we be sometime in the future from now.
And I can guarantee you you will move at least 20 feet within the next hour. I can guarantee you that and I have algorithms that can divine and predict that, utilising movement prediction patterns, hair follicle samples that have been taken throughout the entire time you've been here, and of course, the common spectral analysis.
14:42
Now, we know that everything here is an illusion, and that we are somewhere else. But the cool thing about that is, it feels pretty real. I mean, you know what I mean? Like, it's pretty convincing. So, big credit to those people working hard there.
15:11
So, why Camden, Maine? Simple answer: because.
What does because mean? Because has a b in it, at least one c, and a couple vowels. This combination of letters and vowels together, to create a fairly pronounceable word, gives us the strength and the power as individuals, and as human beings, to seek within ourselves not only the triumph and remorse of those who have compelled against us, in a way that does not necessarily benefit us in the long term, but give us the strength at the mid-term, to show how the reversal of those roles of which we have come fairly accustomed to, let's admit that...
To aqueous and reform and re-modulate the world around us.
Internally, we're pretty gross. There's a lot of liquid and tissues and things, and it's pretty gross to think about.
So, I would like to- this is a song that I'd like to dedicate to all the gross things that we are, walking around.
And also, just a celebration, of all of you guys here. The people up there as well, let's not forget them. There's some people behind the walls as well, walking around and doing things as well, and there's some people behind here.
There's actually four people running this entire show, technically. That's it, there's just four people. They can divide into five people, per person. So there seems to be a lot of people back there, but they're all being controlled by one central consciousness.
Ok, so anyways, without further ado, this is a song, this is my- I have 1.5 songs: this song is eh...
17:08
That's not it, that's just a warm up.
Here we go.
17:24 - 20:36
Thank you.
For my last song- thank you.
Thank you. Thank you very much.

Some people talk like this.
Other people talk like this.
Some people are like this.
Some people are like that.
Some people are like this.
I don't know why they're like that.

Real quickly, I'd like to thank poptech. I'm the first person to thank poptech, but I would like to thank poptech. It's been an awesome ride. I mean like, you know, the first time I came here, I met some ridiculous people. And the second time, some more ridiculous people. It keeps getting ridiculouser.
But it's a just amazing concentration of people around you. But also not only knowing that whoever you're talking to, even a volunteer oftentimes you're talking to, a volunteer- someone who has a sign on them that says, "volunteer."
And you're talking to them, and you find out that they're like a theoretical physicist, that works at some laboratory somewhere, and you're like, "wait, what?"
So, I think that's important to realise, every person in the world, around you, is really good at something. You know what I mean? So like if this is the sample, you know, here in this kind of situation, it's kind of a special situation, but if you go out in the world, all around you constantly, there are amazing people, and you'll never know. You know? Unless they have a badge on, but like, you'll never know, unless you ask them.
And, oftentimes when I ask people things, they oftentimes will oftentimes say something often. And, the more often that I notice that they're saying things that I think they're going to say, over and over again, which we classify as often...
I feel as though there's a tranquil sunset setting in over my mind, which indicates that the world is gonna be a pretty cool place, at some point.
And then it's gonna be horrible again.
But then it's gonna be really cool.
And then it's gonna be not so good, and then it'll be pretty decent for awhile
And then it's gonna be like, "uh oh..."
And after all, that's the engine of reality.
But that gets us a little bit stronger.
So with that knowledge that I've gotten from, and an amazing DODOcase, which I still have.
I do. I do still have it. Although I did drop it once, and it had a little frame crack that I had to glue.
But anyways, the thing I'm trying to tell you here, today, stay in school. It's a good place for kids. And I know that a lot of you parents here are not into school, but I'm here to re-convince you, putting kids in school is a good idea.
Ok, well I've talked to a lot of you guys, and you're like, "I'm not putting my kids in school."
I get it. And it's super like, punk rock. I get it.
But consider it.
K. Alright, so, this is my last song. This is about- this is about love, because at the end of the day, that's pretty much all you got.
And that's an important ingredient, as we saw in The Fifth Element, and I think that we need to re-cognize all the things that influence us.
So this is my last song. Thank you again, so much, everybody.
This is always an honor to be here, and you guys always make me feel so incredibly welcome, and I actually feel comfortable now, going like, "Oh! Maybe it's not an accident I'm here." So thanks a lot for letting me blend in. I do appreciate that. Thank you.
So here we go.
24:27
K, power moves. Let's do this.
24:50
That's not it. Ok, here we go.
24:56

No comments:

Post a Comment