11.15.2009

Windows over 9000, Day 1













Here's my first experience with Windows 7 on my own time. The new mspaint. It was scary at first, there are new buttons, which surprised me (mostly autoshapes and new fill options), but all I wanted to know is if I could use it the way I used to, which I can. I still, however, have a standalone copy of mspaint 2000 and XP.

I did a clean install, because I wanted to clean out my primary disk anyway. Windows updates found almost all my laptop drivers smoothly. Toshiba supports 7 on my model, and had a drivers and apps download waiting for me, which finished the process. You know, come to think of it, this was actually as easy a process as i thought my first time formatting would be. I expected some bumps... and having done countless upgrades already at work, I've seen a few. But not for me.

I grabbed the Google Chrome App data folder beforehand, and copied it over to the new install, and it was like I never stopped using it-- all my favorites, passwords, history, etc were there. way to go!

So anyways, I just wanted to post my new mspainting. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment