12.30.2008

How do you say it in America... blog.


Day off today, I cleaned up my room after the holidays' aftermath of gifts and last minute tidying before company arrived, which consisted of throwing shit out of the way, etc. etc.. Yay! I found the outline I printed and presented during my promotion interview, and I'm looking over it to form some solid planning on what I'm going to do in the near future to shape up some things at work. A lot of the stuff, though, I've already started on, as my promotion went into effect about a week ago, Sunday the 21st.... Still don't know what kind of a pay raise I'm getting yet, they were saying that there's some new paperwork in effect that changed the scale I guess, though the new rate will have been pro-rated, effective immediately, same day.

Oh! I almost forgot, Phil and I were gonna start a project on the new year to take a picture of this tree outside our apartment, from the same mark, every day for a whole year, and I think I'm gonna use this to post them daily. Why not? I'm gonna go take a trial picture right now to post...

Looks like the lens needs a little cleaning. This should be fun and interesting, though. I didn't realize just how close the first was until I dated this image. Throughout the six months that we've lived here so far, this tree has gone through a lot of really pretty stages. We want to make a small mark on the top stair landing railing, and I think we can use the street lamp to line up the shot, and eventually make an animation out of it.

In other news, I found my Human Genome Landmarks poster, that you can order for free and read more about here, and am flattening it out to hang on my wall. Decoding the human genome has been one of the top scientific breakthroughs in the past couple years, and is a study that is said to be a ferocious step towards personalized medicine and finding specific cures for a wide assortment of disorders, including cancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment