2.03.2009

My posts hit like AoE burst damage, son.

So, the main reason I haven't been making nightly posts is because I've gained a new found interest in playing City of Heroes again. My farming toon has a laundry list of bonus buffs, etc, requiring long term effort, that I plan on collecting. One of these calls for a large inventory of "Vanguard Merits," which I logged on Friday night to find a few of. I figured I'd run a couple missions, get 20-30 Merits in the course of an hour or two, get bored, and go to bed, but a couple of friends online expressed interest in joining me, and I ended up running only one mission, then we joined a failing Rikti Mothership raid, on a whim. After it failed, I decided to lead another run, organizing a couple teams together, and ended up successfully making about 5 or 6 good runs, earning myself, and my followers, over 800 Merits, enough to start using one of the bonuses on my list, requiring 250 Merits per use. The hours flew by, and I ended up retiring way too late for common sense.

The goal purchase is a temporary pet robot tank that fights with you, having decent AoE damage that would make it nice when I solo eight man maps. I'd only use it on the Freakshow farm, because that map is huge, taking a large chunk of time to clear, especially solo, and since the pet will only last until you zone to another map (or either of you dies). Here's a photo of the pet, called a HVAS (Heavy Vanguard Assault Suit):



Since then, I've been playing regularly again, for the first time since my promotion to full time hours.

As I said, I'd post some comics. Since I re-registered rcarhar.net, I've wanted to make a regular submission of comics. I started drawing comics in probably 4th grade, but never done anything with them, other than horde them. I'll start with some random drawings I've done since moving to New York, first with this half-assed attempt, as I this was the least-buried drawing I could readily find. Drawn late one night at work.



Next, I'll briefly discuss a memorable dream I had recently.

I'm up on a deck or balcony, calling across a yard at my mom, and I have something important that I need her to hear, but can't get her attention. Then I'm on that same deck, watching the same mom across the same yard walk out of a building, but this time, I'm ducking and hiding from her. Several short scenarios follow. In last scenario rememberable, I'm a girl wearing a huge winter coat, driving a massive snowmobile with a group of friends riding on the back, and I end in a cataclysmic collision into a wall, jolting me awake in a haze of fear. In the seconds before hitting the wall, though, I realize that during the course of the dream, I've gone through countless, two-minute scenarios, after which I'm transported back in time two minutes, at which point I experience the two minutes again, but in a completely different course, and this is somehow being dictated by some external force, which intends to teach me some valuable lesson in doing so. The only thing I can get out of it is that at any given point in time, there are an infinite set of circumstances that can possibly be experienced. I think of this now in waking, and it reminds me to, as I generally try to do, consider all sides of experience in a given situation.

I have some fucked up dreams, man. It excites me. Some other recent blogs can be found at me old blog on myspace, one in particular from a couple weeks ago being here.

Ending, I will now quote Shooney, as her last track is playing, with extensive shout outs. "Everybody at Best Buy, those are the people who pay me, so I gotta shout out to them."

Another blog, however, is to follow, after I take a shower, start some laundry, and think about further cleaning my room.

It should be noted that during said shower, I hosted my own personal mosh pit to a Clone the Fragile album. It's a wonder I didn't hurt myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment