10.10.2009

Dream Diary: 10.10.09

Woke up at 9, knowing I wasn't getting up.
Slept until 2 or so, sick from work, and from that, I don't remember anything by now.
Blew my nose a lot.
Looking at Chrome history, looks like I was online from 2:50 to 4:12, doing normal bullshit. Posting, dicking around on facebook talking to people.
Got sick of being in bed, made myself get into the cold from the nice warm covers.
Ate some chicken soup, a shot and a half of Nyquil, and some beef boulion, watching dull TV.
5:02 to 6:09 was spent in bed online again, this time looking to be entertained.
A link led me to 5 Ways To Hack Your Brain Into Awesomeness.
I looked more into Uberman sleep, and the home sensory deprivation hallucination trick, both of which I'd read about before. Also looked into lucid dreaming and dream diaries. +Started to get Nyquil-y.
I decided to give in and fall asleep for awhile, but as this did not happen, I got the strong urge to listen to The Oak Street Dixtane Vacancy, the CD a friend and I had recorded in highschool, consisting mostly of nonsense and noise. I had a copy two steps away and popped it in, unexpectedly laughing uncontrollably through pretty much the whole listen.
I decided I'd try to hallucinate. But I swear I'd remembered pink noise was more effective than white noise (see #4 in link).
At 6:53, I downloaded a pink noise loop, put on some headphones, and covered my face from the light.
The whole time, I wished I had a ping pong ball and a red light, and grew slightly bored and annoyed, but eventually saw drab, dark swirls and visuals. Very slight. I was concentrating on the sound, making out chanted words which kept changing with my thought pattern, but still boring. Then I let go of the concentration, almost thinking I would drift off to sleep, and had some visuals of a distant waterfall, an island, some bullshit, and I was starting to just drift from vague train of thought to another, but suddenly, and this started to happen periodically after this point, I would get an abrupt sensation. Not a visual or audio hallucination, but more of a, "you're not fucking thinking logically, stop right fucking now" sort of thing. Just happened in a flash, and I ignored it and kept tripping immediately every time.
Still, nothing was remarkably interesting.
I don't know how long I was listening to this stuff, but I eventually decided to go to sleep completely.
I don't remember falling asleep very quickly, but I suppose I could be wrong.
I woke up at about 10:30 and wrote this:

in realilizing that today was wednesday, i realized that i had not missed work after all--i had missed thanks giving with thte family. which made me consider: would i have felt decent enought to get out of bed after all, had i known it was family dinner, and not work that awaited me? i couldn't decide. so i finally went downstairs, and got a baggie of turkey meat that phil had from dinner. naturally, our families had merged to celebrate thte holiday.

carrying the bag of poultry, phil and i walked from muscatine, my grandmother's house, but with a different front deck, past all the businesses, conversing about various hiding spots in parking lots, to wilton, to the old house to eat a late supper with my parents. i took off my socks at the door and floated head first to tthe kitchen, emptying my bag of meat onto a plate that waited on the table, my parents sitting waiting to eat, each with a plate ready. i had this nagging reminder keep telling me to go to the fridge to get side dishes and heat them up, and i could taste them already, but started eating my turkey anywayt. iit was warm from holding it all that way, but it was pretty tough and rubbery from the walk. tasted decent though, i suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment