1.18.2009

I'm serious

I'm gonna start ordering parts to build my new PC, starting with probably RAM, then board, then cpu, then graphics, then etc. I'll be purchasing Vista Ultimate x64, but the reason I post this is, I'm installing the beta for Windows 7 on my current desktop PC.

I didn't realize it was out in open beta. Apparently, it's open for download to the first 2.5 Million users, and will expire in August. I'll be installing 32 on my XP desktop, on an extra hard drive, and check it out on my new PC when it happens.

So far, hilariously, I had to plug in my DVD-ROM's internally, which have been disconnected and unused since I installed Age of Conan when it came out. That's probably like nine months now. I coulda had a fuckin baby.

Then, finally booting to the disc, it took for EVER, and I was initially paranoid that it wasn't doing anything at all, but then it came up with the familiar setup screen. I hit next twice and waited - it seemed like it was going to hang again.

Then it halted with, "Windows could not collect information for [OSImage] since the specified image file [install.wim] does not exist."

I'm re-burning it. I'll likely be up all night with this. Whether it works or not, I want to check out my newly downloaded Ubuntu ISO as well.

*Update: Failed again with the second disc. I'm installing Ubuntu now, and downloaded a new ISO burning program to see if maybe just maybe...

In the meantime, if anyone asks me at work, client to tech, about Windows 7, I'll continue to claim to've never heard of a new version of Windows.

pic unrelated


No comments:

Post a Comment