1.18.2009

Send Money

Ugh. Ok, so my raise was supposed to go into effect for the entire pay period of the last check that I got, but it hadn't, so the check was obviously less than expected. Not to say I'm out of funds or anything (hell this last check was the first I'd picked up same day it was issued since I've been here over six months - I never need the money on payday - I was just excited to see the new figure), but I'm doing more work, and it'd kinda be nice if I were getting properly compensated for it, as I was promised.

Next paycheck is already going to be the end of this week, Friday, Jan. 23rd, and I remember this, because I knew it was the same date that Underworld: Rise of the Lycans will have been released in theaters, because I'd planned on seeing it then, and possibly roaming the mall with my newly cashed bag of money.

By the way, Rhona Mitra is in this movie, and not Kate Beckinsale, though they bear a slightly eerie resemblance that I would have otherwise never caught:


Now, then, though, I have to wait to see whether the raise is finally reflected in this upcoming check, and whether the remainder of what should have been on the last check is also included. If I was writing a poem, I'd italicize around every other word, so stress was dealt in pattern. But I'm not, so I'll go on.

Knowing all this, I went to log into my bank account just now, and the fucking thing's locked, reportedly due to high attempts to log in, sometime since the 13th, the last day I'd logged in. So there's of course an option to be emailed a reset code (which is allegedly good for 30 minutes), but I just tried that three damn times and it keeps claiming that the code is expired. And the customer service hot line is currently after hours.

That's what happens, man. Where's my money, man? Huh? WHERE'S MY MONEY?!

I want to fucking build a computer, and I don't want to have to worry about blowing all my cash or whatever. Also, my student loans are being ignored. I'm being fucking American and it makes me feel sick and dirty. However, I am getting excited about the new rig, which will be roughly as follows:

Intel BOXDX48BT2 LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Motherboard
8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache CPU
1000W SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC PSU
Probably use one of the ATX cases I already have

BFG Tech GeForce GTX 280 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Graphics Card, possibly something greater, with HDMI out
802.11n (draft) /g/b PCI Express Xtreme WiFi NIC
LG 6X Blu-ray 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-ROM SATA / 16X DVD±R DVD Burner
Probably a Raptor for the O/S Hard Drive, and throw my 1TB in for storage.

22 inch 2ms DVI Widescreen with HDCP Support 300 cd/m2 DC 8000:1 LCD Monitor

Bootable O/S's:
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Mac OS X Leopard
Ubuntu

I plan on spending around $15 C (or MD, or 1.5K), and no more than 2 G's (or MM, or 2K), for the entire machine, including initial software, then on down the road I'll add audio equipment and iLife for Garage Band.

I also just upgraded my City of Heroes accounts to Mac Special Edition... I have the in-game items, an extra paid month of game time, and an installer for the Mac version, but I'm getting itchy to actually experience it on a Mac. And the one I build will be a fucking animal. People ingame have been noticing my new costumes (the new items are satisfyingly cool btw), and asking if I'm playing on a Mac, and it makes me feel, almost guilty not to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment